Higher education, student mobility, and student housing industry news from November 2020.
- Investors believe European Real Estate Market should start its recovery in 2021
- Student housing continues as Germany’s residential favourite
- UK: Student Covid-19 mass-testing programme begins as union raises fears over government plan
- It is a mistake for Dublin to turn its back on co-living?
- How Will Co-Living Survive the Pandemic?
- Real estate will have to adjust to ensure the resilience of living assets
- The Class of 2020: Goalposts move for educators and investors
- Proptech: Less but better space awaits in office of the future
- Real Asset Media CEE Summit: PBSA attracts but Poland has crucial scale
- Aticco redoubles its commitment to ‘coliving’: 500 rooms and an investment of fifty million in 2021
- Investment in housing rentals incl multifamily, student and senior residences skyrocketed between 2019 and 2020: reaching 27% of all investment
- Demand for German assets remains ‘as strong as before’
- European Travel Commission survey shows travel desire steady
- Catella publishes their European Residential Market Map Q3 2020
- The Porto Asprela student residence operated by Milestone received LEED Gold certification with the “highest score in the hospitality category ever awarded in Europe” [Portuguese]
- New student needs will redefine real estate – insights from The Class Conference
- Student housing sector considers future of cities at The Class Conference
- Harrison Street-led JV upsizes and extends credit facility for large student housing portfolio
- Colliers International hires Paddy Allen as new head of operational capital markets
- Catella residential fund buys Austrian and Dutch assets
- NL: Covid measures have not hit quality of college, university education – yet
- Digitisation and sharing economy: levers for coworking and coliving
- US high school int’l student numbers drop
- International students’ choices of where to study are increasingly driven by the availability of face-to-face teaching, according to new research from IDP Connect and Universities UK International
- Catella CER III Fund Buys Residential Developments in Austria and The Netherlands for €90 Million
- Why precast concrete is an appealing choice for student housing
- “Stand by” int’l students in Ireland, says ICOS
- How are you embracing the convergence of tech with real estate?
- Greystar study shows private rented housing sector the solution to Europe’s housing shortage
- US: “frustration” as travel bans and visa issues halt student plans
- Rewriting the Student Housing Amenities Playbook
- Sodexo launches package of student lockdown solutions
- ESN organises the Social Inclusion Days to advocate for social engagement in student mobilities
- How universities are coping as international students retreat
- Australia: Covid-19 restrictions could result in 50% int’l student drop
- Why Equitable Access To Quality Higher Education Matters More Than Ever
- Public-private partnerships: the key to face the challenges of the Spanish RE market
- US: Europe led outbound study abroad growth in 2018/19
- Urban household growth in Europe is now three times the rate of population growth, says Greystar
- Harrison Streets forms latest JV to deliver £200m student pipeline in Lincoln and Birmingham
- More funds available for research and education after all, thanks to strong European Parliament
- Germany: fourth largest number of int’l degree students globally in 2019
- Savills advises Stonehill Group on €62m Italian student housing deal
- DoveVivo opens in Spain and targets the leadership in co-Living.
- Corestate invests thirty million to build a student residence in Pamplona [Spanish]
- English universities told to move teaching online by 9 December
- How co-living could replace the human connection that we’ve lost in the pandemic
- Israeli startup Willa invests 10 million euros in Porto in a ‘co-living’ unit [Portuguese]
- Is the hybrid classroom here to stay?
- Catella Residential IM to make its €4.5 billion European portfolio carbon neutral via partnership with ESG advisor Westbridge
- Greystar, AXA IM – Real Assets & CBRE GI acquire Spanish student accommodation portfolio from Urbania
- Investment into operational residential assets accounts for 27 per cent of global real estate total – according to Savills Global Living Report 2020
- The impact of Covid-19 is significantly reshaping the way in which investors are thinking about the long term future of global real estate, according to a new report.
- “Evidence-based decisions” vital for shift online
- Green light for EU seven-year budget: European institutions’ deal tops up Horizon Europe and Erasmus+
- Stop blocking students from living in city centers says Dutch student association LKvV
- SPX Studio: the first-ever startup studio/venture builder for emerging real estate
- Biden’s Victory Has Elated International Students. But the Road to Lasting Reform Is Long.
- Will Higher Education Learn from the Lessons of the Pandemic?
- Student Numbers to Bolster Australian Property Market Post-Covid
- Popularity of co-living, co-working spaces revealed amid coronavirus lifestyle switch in UAE
- The United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) conferred the special consultative status to the Erasmus Student Network (ESN)
- Despite the corona crisis, the numbers of international students at Dutch universities are not decreasing. This is mainly due to a higher intake of EEA students
- Kley positions itself in Paris for a first KLEY Urban Village co-living residence [French]
- JLL Report: European City Dynamics 2 – Young Urban Residents
- AXA IM named as the top investment manager in Europe committed to responsible investing
- Student Roost moves into Bristol with PBSA and co-living scheme
- For US Student Housing, COVID-19 Boost May Be Short-Lived
- ESN teams up with UNESCO to safeguard the future of education
- Kences publishes their 9th Dutch National Student Housing Monitor [Dutch]
- The rise of ‘coliving’ in Europe – a first-hand account from Portugal
- Just under a third of flexible workspace providers reported that occupancy rates have fallen by around 10% during the lockdown, according to data from the Instant Group.
- £42bn of capital to be deployed in UK resi investment sectors by 2025 – according to Knight Frank report
- More Dutch students stay at home, but studios (and housing benefit) are popular