Industry News | 01/21
Higher education, student mobility, and student housing industry news from January 2021.
- Irish real estate market in a very strong position in 2021 according to Claire Solon, Managing Director of Greystar Ireland
- The Students of 2022 – survey conducted for ASK4 by Red Brick Research
- The first recognised LEED building in the Iberian Peninsula stands in Porto and is operated by Milestone
- Marketing English in Ireland (MEI) has suggested that Ireland can become Europe’s key English language destination by taking advantage of the UK’s exit from the Europe Union.
- Record number of overseas students for UK unis in 2019/20
- New global initiative, BiodiverCities by 2030, aims to address this imbalance and design sustainable cities of the future
- International survey of education agents reveals optimism for 2021
- Student Engagement; why it matters and how to tackle it.
- Loft: Has Coronavirus Affected the Way We Accommodate Students?
- The Spanish real estate market keeps showing the best investment options within the main European markets, pointed out Savills Aguirre Newman
- HousingAnywhere acquires Stanzazoo in Italy
- A Resolution for the Real Estate Industry
- Round Hill Capital seals deal for new PBSA investment in Spain. Nido Student will operate the development upon completion.
- UK PBSA sector needs government help
- Irish gov’t creates group to enhance student wellbeing
- Why sustainable purpose-built student accommodation schemes matter
- The applications for Coliving Awards 2021 are now open
- International Campus to spend €1bn on expansion in Europe
- English UK aims for 2019 student volumes by 2022
- The previous joint venture IC Netherlands BV between the Germany-based International Campus GmbH and the Dutch partner Wouter van den Eijnden was dissolved in mid-December [German]
- PBSA remains resilient despite Brexit
- Thousands of UK university students offered 50% rent reduction
- Two-thirds of students in the UK face rent fears, says NUS
- Student housing increases in Northern Portugal
- Students snubbed as Australia limits international arrivals
- More than two-thirds of students positive about their PBSA provider’s response to pandemic according to Knight Frank & UCAS report
- How Universities are Looking Ahead in 2021
- How much is the cost of living for first-year students in Ireland?
- Hey, Higher Education: You’re On Mute
- PBSA operators must provide a student-first solution to match soaring demand
- Student Roost offers students lockdown discount
- Unite offers students 50% rent discount during latest Covid-19 lockdown
- Students in the UK call for university accommodation refunds
- CUBO appoints new Board members
- Conceiving low-carbon cities – The Urban, season 2 – Episode 5 with Magali Reghezza-Zitt
- UK devolved nations: “loss of Erasmus is huge blow”
- Students in the UK pledge rent strike over unused uni rooms
- The Importance of the International Student Market For PBSA
- UK’s Department for Education tells international students to delay coming
- Re-thinking our approach to providing student housing in 2021
- De Key is building the most social rental homes in Amsterdam for the third year in a row [Dutch]
- Risk-Averse Real Estate Investing Is Turning To Sustainability For Strong, Long-Term Financial Returns
- Are cities still rising stars? The Urban, season 2 – Episode 4 with Richard Florida